We gather

We gather
to give thanks for my 25 years.

Monday, June 3, 2024

Creating sanity out of insanity








                                            What do you see in this picture?

Over recent times, I have noticed a natural progression in my use of language, when talking about our world.  It has gone from the new normal to the new abnormal to our crazy world to insanity.  

 As a result, I have come to the present conclusion that, in our world, one's mission is to create sanity out of insanity.  This may seem absurd or even arrogant, in approaching the world.  I accept that, but, here, I am sharing my felt experience that arose at the end of a rather stressful day, during the past week.  It was a day dealing with a series of issues in my life and work.  

This is so in a world that is ever changing.  Don't get me wrong.  I expect change, I value it and appreciate it.  Change itself is not the issue at hand.  Rather it is the incredibly rapid pace of change, happening at every level of my existence.  I experience it as all too much to deal with at once, so much so that it raises my level of vulnerability.  What is this about?  

I judge that I am first and foremost dealing with a feeling response.  This means that it is not necessarily rational.  So I need to stand back and ask myself what is happening.  Following my day of dealing with the insanity of my world, I realized that, in the midst of all that is reeling around me, I fear being abandoned or am feeling a sense of abandonment.  Is my world going to leave me behind and I be left alone?  This is the question.  

That is it.  It is dangerous when one feels isolated, as if one is the only one dealing with the insanity of our world.  So then, reach out anew to others and know that one is not alone.  Here lies the key to creating sanity out of insanity.  As Pope John Paul II once said so intuitively and passionately to his crowd - You are not alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment